Job Reference: OGO1
We are looking for General Operatives to join our team in our Waste Transfer station located in our Main depot on the Headford Road. Our Transfer station is a fast paced environment, and we are seeking individuals to join the team working on our picking line, yard and wash bay. License/Certification in either 360 grab, forklift, Loading shovel and Teleporter are a distinct advantage but not strictly necessary for the General Operative role.
General Operative Responsibilities:
- Collecting and processing recyclable’s from material delivered into recycling shed in bulk or in skips
- Communicate plant and vehicle maintenance or safety issues
- Identify and report any material that would affect the quality of the recyclable material
- Operate plant and equipment as directed
- Other miscellaneous tasks that ensure the effective operation of the waste transfer station and recycling facility
- Carry out tasks in a safe and efficient manner to ensure maximum recycling
- Carry out any other duties as required
Skills and Experience required:
- Experience working in similar environment an advantage
- Flexibility with regard to working varying shifts in line with business needs.
- Good Communication Skills
- Tickets for Plant machinery (360 Grab; Loading shovel; Teleport; Forklift) a distinct advantage
- A valid Safe Pass Card is an advantage
- Hours: 45 hours per week – and shifts vary between 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. / 5 a.m. to 3 p.m. / 3 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Required to work Saturdays and Public holidays on occasion
- 3 month fixed term contract
How To Apply:
If you’re interested in this position, please submit your CV & Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Please input the JOB REFERENCE of the role you wished to be considered for, as the subject line in the email