At Barna Recycling we know your recycling bin will be jam packed following a visit by the main man, Santa Claus on the 25th of December.
To help you recycle as much paper and cardboard packaging as possible over the festive season, we have compiled the following helpful hints with a little help from www.recyclemore.ie!
- Fold used wrapping paper rather than scrunching it up. Remember to store and reuse any untorn paper for next year!
- Christmas cards and envelopes can all go straight into the household recycling bin. If its baby’s first Christmas or your first Christmas in a new home you might want to keep some cards for posterity.
- Flatten the cardboard toy boxes before putting them into the recycling bin…you might find it difficult to get your hands on these….we all know the box is better than the toy!
- If there are any plastic inserts or plastic wrap, remove these and place in your recycling bin.
- There is no need to remove any sellotape from paper, boxes or greeting cards.
- Make sure all the cardboard and paper is clean and dry before putting in your recycling bin.