- Barna Recycling
- Jan 09, 2018
Happy New Year!! It’s that time of year again where we have to say goodbye to our beloved Christmas Tree. While some people are putting this task off until the very last minute, most of us are resigned to removing our trees before they become a nuisance.
The good news is that your real Christmas tree is 100% recyclable!
Barna Recycling has provided its customers with information on how you can recycle your Christmas Tree. This information includes methods such as replanting, re-using and recycling your tree at the numerous treecycling centres across Ireland. You can learn more by visiting How to Treecycle this Christmas.
For our customers who find it too difficult to reuse or replant their tree, there are plenty of places to bring your Christmas tree to be recycled in the right way. Barna Recycling would advise all of our customers to dispose of their tree in a responsible and effective manner. No one likes to see a sad Christmas tree on the side of the road.
For our customers residing in Leitrim, you can drop off your tree at the Manorhamilton and Mohill recycling centres but only on 5th, 6th, 12th, 13th, 19th and 20th January.
Our Sligo customers can bring their trees to the recycling centres in Sligo and Tubbercurry or to the Ballisodare Composting facility.
Athlone Residents – can bring one tree each to the Athlone Recycling Centre at Golden Island, Athlone.
Residents in Galway, you can find collection points at the following areas until the 12th January:
- Oranmore, Community Centre beside GAA pitch.
- Mountbellow, Black Quarry, Ballinasloe Road.
- Headford, Council Yard beside Mart.
- Loughrea, Fairgreen, Courthouse Road.
- Gort, Council Yard, Georges Street.
- Tuam, Recycling Centre, Athenry Road.
- Portumna, Beside bringbanks on Mountain Road.
- Clifden, Ball Alley, Beach Road.
- Oughterard, car park.
- Ballinasloe, Canal Drive.
- Milltown, Council yard.
- Athenry, public car park beside Kenny Park.
Mayo residents, your collections can be received until the 20th January at the following points:
- Achill, Beside the bottle banks at Keel.
- Ballina, Reception area at Rathroeen landfill site, Killala Road.
- Ballinrobe, Mayo County Council Area Office, Kilmaine Road.
- Ballyhaunis, Beside bottle bank in carpark.
- Belmullet, Civic Office Car Park.
- Castlebar, Machinery Yard at Moneen Depot.
- Claremorris, Car park at Area Office, Kilcolman Road.
- Louisburgh, Car park, Chapel Road.
- Newport, Recycling Centre at Derinumera Landfill Site.
- Swinford, Mayo County Council Pound.
- Westport, Council Depot, Ballinrobe Road.
Remember before dropping your tree off at the recycling centre remove all decorations, and unscrew stands. The real Christmas trees will be chipped into mulch which is used in local landscaping projects to conserve soil and keep plants healthy!
Let’s all make a conscious effort to have a green 2018!